Things You Should Ask Your Contractor
- Ask to see a copy of license? Delaware Maryland MHIC Maryland MHIC can be looked up at www.dllr.state.md.us/license/occprof/homeim.html (Find who is licensed) The License needs to be the name of the company performing the work.
- Are crawl spaces and basements your primary business focus?
- What certifications do you have?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Are you a member of any Home Builders Associations?
- Are you a member of any other associations?
- Who backs your warranty in the event you go out of business?
- Was the sales person on time? If not did he call?
- Was the sales person courteous and knowledgeable?
- Was the sales person the same person who did the inspection?
- Was the sales person certified?
- Did the sales person take and show you pictures?
- Did the sales person take humidity and wood moisture content readings?
- Did the sales person have detailed product literature and a proposal?
Sump Pump & Drainage System
- Do you use Rigid 4 Inch High Flow Slotted PVC pipe for your drainage system?
- Do you use a Geotextile Filter Sock (helps prevent sand clogging) on your drainage pipes?
- Does your pump system contain any alarm for high water level or plumbing leaks that can be connected to a home alarm system?
- Does your pump set on a CleanPump Stand?
- Does your sump container have a floor drain for plumbing leaks?
- Is your sump system sealed from the crawl space?
- Do you have an antifreeze device on the sump pump discharge to help prevent freeze ups in cold weather?
- Do you offer a Battery backup sump pump?
- How long Is your moisture barrier guaranteed for?
- Is the guarantee transferable?
- How thick is your moisture barrier?
- Does the moisture barrier have a mold inhibitor?
- Do you use a waterproof tape between the floor seams?
- Do you offer a drainage / protective matt to be used under the liner?
- Will the walls be lined?
- Will space be left above the wall liner for termite inspection?
- Will the piers be wrapped with liner?
- Is your dehumidifier designed specifically for crawl spaces?
- Is it EnergyStar Rated? What are the run Amps? What is the Pint Per Day Rating? What is the CFM?
- How large of a crawl space can your dehumidifier reduce the humidity to below 50%?
- Does you dehumidifier use a pre filter?
- Does your dehumidifier use a pleated primary filter rated Merv 11?
- What is the warranty?
Contact us today for a free crawl space inspection and estimate!
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.